Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Garbage - The Thread

Leon2457
    Leon2457

Garbage - The Thread Empty Garbage - The Thread

Post  Leon2457 Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:06 pm

I know we have a music thread already, but it seems like Garbage deserve their own thread :3

Has anyone other than me, Kat and Mat actually heard ANY Garbage songs?

My Personal favorites
    - Push it
    - Cherry Lips
    - I think I'm paranoid
    Mat
    Mat

Garbage - The Thread Empty Re: Garbage - The Thread

Post  Mat Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Funny you should mention Garbage, as I'm currently preparing to update the Matsy Award thread with the 1995 edition...

I tried to make a list of my favorite Garbage songs, but there really are too many of them. Version 2.0 is my third favorite album of all time, and trying to choose the best songs basically creates a 12-song list.

By the way, in this new age of digital music distribution, have you made the effort to track down "Subhuman?" That's a great song, and it's a crime that it was left off of Garbage.
    Leon2457
    Leon2457

Post  Leon2457 Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:15 am

Unfortunately no ... I haven't D:
    The only song I have ever had to download was Androgyny and Supervixen
    but, now that you mention it, I think I've never actually HEARD SubHuman ...

If I can't find it on any download site, Youtube may have to provide me with a crappy quality version ...
    Are you trying to track it down Mat? or have you already found it?

also, Version 2.0 was my ... probably Second favorite Album of all time (Crush 40 by Crush 40 being first) and well, after some thought, I think I'd change "I think I'm paranoid" to my fourth or fifth favorite track.

P.S - what's your opinion of "The world is not enough?"
    Mat
    Mat

Post  Mat Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:00 am

I have a few rare/obscure Garbage songs kicking around...

Garbage - The Thread Bsides11

I collected all the singles from Version 2.0 and tracked down what I could from Garbage in the late 90s, and then Napster hit, allowing me to complete my collection. Unfortunately, the decline in the sales of CD singles has meant that fewer people are ripping the B-sides and uploading them, so my collection of Beautiful Garbage and Bleed Like Me B-sides is incomplete.

I think "The World Is Not Enough" is great. I'm not a James Bond scholar, but I don't see how that song isn't everything a Bond theme should be. Beats the hell out of Madonna's "Die Another Day."
    Leon2457
    Leon2457

Post  Leon2457 Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:54 am

Wow, thats quite the collection O_O theres quite a few I'm missing Very Happy
    and I only recently got "Alien Sex Fiend", freaked the hell out of me first time I listened to it.

As for the whole Bond thing, well, I've never liked bond, ever, I've been a big anti-Bond person my whole life (with the most recent 2 being the exceptions, those are brilliant)
    but I've always liked hearing the theme songs, dunno why, I just do, but like you said, much better than Die Another Day, the only one who comes close to it in my books is "Duran Duran's" ah ... hmmm, I forget which one they did, but that was my other favorite >_<
    crazzycat

Post  crazzycat Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:13 am

hey guys what are you doing here?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:30 am