Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Poink. What's the deal with the storyline?

Dark Raven X

Poink. What's the deal with the storyline? Empty Poink. What's the deal with the storyline?

Post  Dark Raven X Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:09 pm

Yo. I'm an infidel that ran off to read Better Days when BDK finished a couple years ago.

But here y'are! Alive and making comics! Horray!

So yah, gotta ask, cause I can't trawl through 700+ comics... when did the new storyline start? Clicking on FIRST takes ya to the first ever BDK, not the first of this new thing.
    Mat
    Mat

Poink. What's the deal with the storyline? Empty Re: Poink. What's the deal with the storyline?

Post  Mat Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:31 am

Clicking "First" takes you to the beginning of the revamped version of BDK, which isn't hard to read through; we're currently only on page 97. If you want to just skip to the beginning of the current story, which is titled "Pride," it starts on this page. You could also click the "Index" button on the front page to find the first pages of all the chapters.

By the way, "Pride" is almost over. Chapter 3, "Rock," should start this coming Thursday.
    CubeGuy

Poink. What's the deal with the storyline? Empty Re: Poink. What's the deal with the storyline?

Post  CubeGuy Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:03 am

And in case it wasn't clear from Mat's post, the current BDK comic is just a less-badly drawn version of the original series (more or less).

Doesn't stop me from keeping it in my RSS though. Very Happy
    Katby
    Katby

Post  Katby Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Yeah, we figured it would be best to start out with the originals since there was a lot of good material in there that we thought could still make new readers laugh. We're working on new arcs and things for the next book should we be lucky enough to produce one.

There are some visual changes I'd like to make for the next installment as well, namely putting more effort into interesting page layouts and not CTRL + V-ing to save my wrists. Drawing 30 of these a month started to kill my wrists to the point where I needed to ice them, so whenever a character was just standing there thinking or talking that didn't require a change in position, I took the easy way out. I'd probably opt for quality over quantity next time for sure.

lol wall of text
    Nieru Ki

Post  Nieru Ki Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:50 am

Is there anywhere that the whole original series can be found?
    Gnocci
    Gnocci

Post  Gnocci Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:19 am

Nieru Ki wrote:Is there anywhere that the whole original series can be found?

Right Here: http://www.badlydrawnkitties.com/Comics.htm
    You just had to Google it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content