What's Your Alignment? (Games)

Katby

What's Your Alignment? (Games)

Post  Katby on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii?

I think personally I'd go with the 360, though I have to admit the Wii has been a source of unexpected fun. I'm holding out hope that Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles might be worthwhile. I have a Nerf gun with Wiimote slot ready for it, lol.
    Kerensky

Re: What's Your Alignment? (Games)

Post  Kerensky on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:16 am

Personally I prefer the PC. If a game comes out across all platforms I usually buy the PC one as they are cheaper, can be patched, easier controls (especially for RTS) and have modding potential.
    As far as consoles go though I only have the 360 so that would be my choice. The Wii is fun but mostly for groups rather than single player stuff. The PS3 is good I'm sure but it's pretty much the same as the 360 and the few features and exclusive titles that separate them aren't enough for me to want to buy one.
    Katby

Post  Katby on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Oops! I totally forgot about the PC as an option, lol. I really wish I could get into the PC thing but the controls are something my brain can't get around for some reason >_<

CubeGuy

Post  CubeGuy on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:22 am

Since I have all four, I have no real affiliation. However I do laugh at the hardcore Sony fanboys when they get all huffy about PS3 being the best. It tickles me so.

PS3 is a great media player. It does not have a good lineup of games unless you masturbate to Solid Snake at night. In that case, it may be all you need.. Razz
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:21 am

Nintendo and Microsoft have their fanboys too. Even though I only have the 360 and have no intention of buying the other 2 I can see why others may prefer them. I'm hoping that Microsoft release their own handheld at some point even though I have a DS so i guess I am a little biased but its mainly the fact I've had both Xboxes with almost no problems and therefore I trust them over the others.
    PC gaming can be a little harder to get in to control wise given the number of keys possible and if you place your hand wrong you can mash the wrong button far more easily than a controller. Once you get used to it though I think it is better, especially mouse controls for FPS games. Of course you can always plug a 360 controller in for many games now.
    The other problem is the system requirements which is the major barrier.
    Leon2457

Post  Leon2457 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:00 am

I've always been a Nintendo Fanboy since I was young, but personally, I have both a 360 and Wii, and I love them both, I don't see why people think you have to love only one console :3

Personally the PS3 doesn't interest me due to its lack of "interesting" (for me) and exclusive Games, the only reason I would've bought one is Little Big Planet and DMC4 (which went to the 360)

Plus, Legend of Zelda is my Favorite series of all :3
    WolfXRain

Post  WolfXRain on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:41 am

gotta go 360 because i play it the most Razz
    love the pc for mod version of CoD and halo 2 but otherwise 360
    Mat

Post  Mat on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:01 am

I started out as something of a Wii defender, and I still am from time to time. The problem is that so many of the ideas I thought might actually work crumbled instantly, and so now I tend to assume the worst. And I can be wrong - I thought Punch-Out!! would be terrible with motion controls, and it's actually really fun - but a lot of the time nowadays, I think Nintendo's ideas are just insane.

Really, however, the Wii is a separate entity from the PS3 and 360 that operates on a parallel plane, not as a combatant in the current Console Wars. The real battle is between the PS3 and the 360, and I pretty much throw my lot in with the 360 at this point. The PS3 has incredible potential. Imagine if the PSN was like Xbox Live, only free. But they have opted to basically do nothing, so until they start actually firing some shots in this Console War, my hands are tied. Tied to a 360 controller.

darkstar1006

Post  darkstar1006 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:30 pm

I'm currently in the X-box 360 way of thinking, the wii is fun, yes, but, I would have no one to play WITH and I've heard the Online games are, for the most part, a bit laggy and don't get me stated on the PS3, if I want a Playstation, I'll stick to my PS2.
    DDRshadow

Post  DDRshadow on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:53 am

I think the DREAMCAST IS BEST!!!! No but seriously, between the next generation consoles, I'd prefer the xbox360 despite its major hardware failures and the lazy cheapska- ok getting off topic. Anyways I like the xbox for its some-what solid line-up of games. Although I REALLY wanted a PS3, my brother and I made a deal. I can play his ps3 if I buy my own controller and vice versa. So I never miss any exclusive games I wanna play. In regards to the wii, its a good system, it leaks potential, and miis are fun to make, but I saw the wii motion plus thing coming a mile away. But my brother has one as well, but its more of a "hey zakk, wanna play some wii tennis?" Or "hey zakk, you wanna play some brawl?" But yeah, the online is beyond frustrating but other than that, I still think dreamcast is the best out of ALL the systems.
    To bad hackers thieves and cheapskates hate to ruin it Sad

If you haven't noticed by now, my spelling, punctuation and grammar are terrible. and I like the word "but"
    If you haven't realized any of the above notes, "OMG FAGGOT LMAONADE XBOX360 IS BEST! PS3 IS SUXOR LEIK YOU MOM LOLOL!" Just thought I'd throw something I hear on youtube comments a lot nowadays. XD
    Leon2457

Post  Leon2457 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 am

SEGA need to make a DreamCast 2 :C
    DreamCast has some of my favorite games of all time, Sonic Adventure (1+2), Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, and loads more ...

I'm just glad a lot of those games got ported afterwards, since my DreamCast basically killed itself D:

Sad
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 am

The one thing i liked about the Dreamcast was the keyboard and mouse you could buy for it. I find it an easier control method and it opened the door for them to make console RTS games that worked.
    Sadly they never seemed to realise some of the potential it had and I dont think Sega have the will to make another console or the fanbase they used too. They'll probably just keep making games for the other platforms.
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:18 pm

I guess I'm the only one here who prefers to play on the PS3. I did at one time used to have all three consoles, but my brother and I decided that after looking at the games for the PS3, Wii, and 360, we decided to trade in the Xbox. I won't go and say that the games on the 360 are bad, but I just really do not enjoy how the console itself is kinda shoddy. granted PS3 is ridiculous in its own right (no custom music in games still) but i enjoy the "exclusive" titles to it, such as almost every NIS game coming out and i like to play fighting games on the PS3 controller.

The Wii disappoints me because hardly any good games have really come out for it, such as No More Heroes, Madworld, Animal Crossing, etc. etc. but I always get hooked back into it because nintendo puts out a game that makes me glad i still have my Wii...*cough* Metroid *cough* Trauma Center *cough*.
    Leon2457

Post  Leon2457 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Trauma Center = Instant win Very Happy

My problem with the Dreamcast is that is had such a short life-span (theoretically speaking) and like you said, SEGA didn't see much point in keeping it on the market D:
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Well it wasn't so much that the dreamcast did bad...it just did bad in america =/ in Japan that console was selling like crazy...and honestly the dreamcast was amazing for its time, specially playing Shenmue...just wish I knew about Garou during that time instead of playing it on GGPO.
    Leon2457

Post  Leon2457 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:29 am

Garou ... as in .. Mark of the Wolves? Very Happy
    Man, the Dreamcast had so many amazing games ... maybe I should look for a new one on eBay or something
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:45 am

Yea, Love Mark of the Wolves...one of the best fighting games I've ever played (and still do regularly), and finding one on ebay isn't too hard...sometimes you can get it for super cheap (though i don't like buying used consoles)
    Mat

Post  Mat on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:59 pm

The Dreamcast has something of a warm place in my heart because it was the original home of the only good game Acclaim ever released: Fur Fighters. And I don't just like it because it has the word fur in its title, it's legitimately a great game. There is a point in there where you have to activate a dinosaur's giant vibrating bed so you can get underneath it when the mattress lifts up. See for yourself; you can get the PS2 version for like five bucks at EB nowadays.
    Leon2457

Post  Leon2457 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 pm

I remember playing a demo for that game :O
    it was a short one level demo, but it was still quite fun Razz
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:11 am

I thought acclaim did the Turok series as well?
    The first 2 were good games but after that it did start to get a bit stale.
    Alexander

Post  Alexander on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:24 am

I like the xbox 360 because there are more shooter type games to play. And is not to expensive to maintain. plus custom music at all times Smile. The PS3 is great just not enough shooters for me sadly. MGS4 rules!

Takoto

Post  Takoto on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:03 pm

XBox for me. :3

Edwin

Post  Edwin on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:33 am

For me I`d say Wii , 360 & DS

For the Wii I`m waiting for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games , Super New Mario Bros , Metroid Other M & Super Mario Galaxy 2 , for 360 I`m just waiting for Bayonetta & DS I`m trying to get internet on my DSi so I can get Shantae : Risky`s Revenge
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:12 pm

No love for the PS3 aside from me? =.[
    SO since we all know which we prefer, why not have it so that we all talk about why exactly we bought our systems? For instance, what was the decision maker to choose your next-gen console? Or any other important reasons.

For me, it was because I never actually enjoyed the Xbox when it first came out, the only game i ever played was Dead or Alive. Nor has Halo ever interested me in terms of shooters. So when I heard about the 360 was coming out, I didn't have a much vested interest in it so i just passed it up. My real decision was to choose between the Wii and PS3, but in the end my bro got a PS3 and I in turn got a Wii (now sold since I never used it, Trauma center was the only game I enjoyed on it, so I kept those games as mementos).

So what made everyone else decide to get one?
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:28 am

Well my first console was the N64 but then when the GC, Xbox and PS2 came out I decided to switch from Nintendo to Microsoft as the stuff for the Xbox looked more interesting (i.e. not Zelda, Mario or Metroid again). Some of my friends had GC's and some PS2's but most had the Xbox and we gathered to system link them for Halo and others which was cool. Also I loved the controller. Some people said it was too big but I found that the other controllers were too small and this was just right.
    When the next gen came out there was only the 360 that seemed logical. The Wii was too gimmicky and tried to offer so much but on reletively unstable technology (hence Wii Plus). I havent been able to spend very long playing on it alone as the games don't grip me. In fact I've used my friends mostly to catch up on some old GC games I missed like Eternal Darkness.
    The PS3 wasn't even out yet and didn't seem to be different enough to justify waiting for it so I bought my 360. I also had my stack of Xbox games that I can still play.
    I think I bought the right console but in the future I may see about getting a second one.
    Of course the 360 has been out since 2005 so we may be due a new one soon

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:10 am