Fallout 3 =B

Katby

Fallout 3 =B

Post  Katby on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:42 am

Who else fucking loves this game? Moreover, who else loves the hilarious glitches in Bethesda's games? I boot up my save and long-dead super mutants rain down from the sky every time. Loves it.

(Fucking topic titles needing to be 10 characters long at least. I'll try and fix that sometime.)
    Kerensky

Re: Fallout 3 =B

Post  Kerensky on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:56 pm

Oh yes Fallout 3. So many days spent wandering the wastes. I bought a load of MS points and spent pretty much every single one of them on the DLC's.
    Completed it and done alot of the questing so started a new game on it.
    Fortunately I bought the PC version so I have been able to get some really good mods for it that certainly make a second play through more worth while.

Some of the bugs can be hilarious and some times they are just painful when they cause you to have to load some ancient save because of a crash or some other problem. So long 2 more hours of my life trying to get back to where I was.

Now we wait for Fallout: New Vegas
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:09 pm

I don't see how anyone CAN hate that game, its pretty much the epitome of fun...my ONLY complaint is that you cant join the Enclave...they were cooler IMO then the brotherhood...
    Alexander

Post  Alexander on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Fallout 3 is the one of the best games in the world! Kudos to Bethesda.
    This is the kind of detail and innovation I want to see in video game development. Plus the addition of a portable nuclear catapult!!! That blew my fuckin' mind!

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki
    For any and all of your Fallout questions.
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:38 pm

Yeah I've been using the fallout wiki tohelp me with my exploring.
    Basically whenever I enter a new area I check it on the wiki to see what kind of loot is generally there. I'm looking out for special weapons or bobbleheads mostly.
    It also helps me find the quests I'm yet to do as the amount of hours I've racked up means there aren't many left and therefore they are hard to find.
    Hunting the behemoths is also on my list, think there is 8 or something, maybe just 6.

Some mods I have are a monster mod which adds more enemies like night ghouls who are quite a bit tougher and new supermutants that are inbetween the regular and the behemoths.
    Another is a command interface thing that allows me to call in airstrikes and reinforcements. I mostly use that to create a squad of BoS soldiers and roam DC fighting the uglies.

I could get some links to some mods if anyone else is interested or even has it on PC?
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:40 pm

I would love to have this game on PC, but i would prefer to play Fallout on the highest graphics -_- rather then setting it on low and hoping it will work ok =/
    Katby

Post  Katby on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Yeah I just play the 360 version. Almost have all of the achievements (save for reaching certain levels with certain karma, and the DLC stuff).

Which DLC would you guys recommend? Operation Anchorage looked like the lamest of them, I was thinking of Mothership Zeta since the alien thing is kind of interesting to me.
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:19 am

Operation Anchorage will be game-breaking since you get the stealth-suit, my friend said that armor literally is just overpowered like no other...I hear Mothership is quite good, and i have no idea about The Pit.
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:48 am

I have all the DLC and i would say if you can only get one then get Broken Steel.
    Ite gives you the most content, the best content, lets you level up to 30 and continue past the end of the normal story and then after you complete all the BS quests.
    As for the others:

Operation Anchorage is good but combat heavy and linear so not playing to fallouts strengths really. As for the loot, the stealth suit is quite good but once your seen then it gives almost no protection or at least not as good as other armour. It is not like the 100% cameleon in Oblivion. The real game breaker is the winterised T-51b power armour. It takes no damage so no repairs necessary and has the highest AP rating in the game (or at least second highest, not entirely sure). This turns you in to a god, just run and gun and you'll barely feel the enemies shots. OA gives you the powered armour training normally reserved for the end of the game so you could hit this place at level 1 and still wear it.

The Pitt is better and plays with moral choice a lot more, definately more fallout than OA. Unfortunately the loot is a bit poor. I left there with nothing but the XP and a few perks. You can go back there and do more side quest stuff and there is an ammo factory in there letting you create whatever bullets you need (shells, 5.56, 10mm, etc) but not MF cells or the like. You put in other ammo or scrap metal i think.

BS i have mentioned so the next is Point Lookout with is pretty good. Good quests, reasonable loot but the setting is the best part I reckon. Its a swamp but it is about 1/4 the size of DC, maybe smaller so there is plenty to explore and little unmarked side quests.

Finally there is Mothership Zeta which unfortunately is like OA only worse. It is basically a corridor shooter. The alien equipment is quite fun to use but only for a bit and then it becomes routine. Enter room, kill everything, scavenge and move to the next room. There are a few moments of genius but not enough to save it. Good setting but badly done, bad quests, moderate humour. The only thing I can really recommend about MZ is the alien apoxy. Lets you repair any equipment, even those you normally can't because they don't have a weapon or armour match like the gauss rifle from OA or the alien blaster. The good thing is that once you complete MZ you can return and get more of the stuff.

Sorry about the wall of text but it's hard to not talk alot about Fallout. Hope this helps people decide what DLC to get anyway if you can't get them all.

Steel be with you
    Alexander

Post  Alexander on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:13 am

What I like to do to make my Fallout 3 experience better is play on the hard difficulty (recommended) and don't wear any power armor (optional). I don't like power armor.

Instead wear a pimp suit or the Merc clothes something that doesn't give a big def boost (1-10) but looks cool.
    The Broken Steel DLC is recommended as it lengthens the game, LVL cap 30, and unleashes the Super Mutant Overlords (ooh fun).

Always carry a general purpose weapon like the Xuanlong assault rifle something with alot of ammo (1500+ rounds) and good damage. A Sniper Rifle and a Flamer are good choices. Have your hotkey setup as well (general weapon left, long range up, recovery right, ect.)
    A follower (pack mule) is a good choice, give them a Chinese Assault Rifle with about 2000+ rounds (they can be bullet hoses sometimes) and so that all the aggro isn't on you.
    Power armor is a good idea for your follower as they try to Rambo there way through everything.
    And save before each battle! it's a war out there,you never know what the fucks gonna happen next.

Playing like this makes my Fallout 3 adventures so much fun as it turns the game into a kind of survival/horror genre. You actually have to use caution when exploring.
    I hope everyone here enjoys Fallout 3 as much as me! Smile
    I'll add a get-rich-quick guide next time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:17 pm