College and What It Does

Eltoshin

College and What It Does

Post  Eltoshin on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:41 pm

It sucks. Same for it's parking.
    Kerensky

Re: College and What It Does

Post  Kerensky on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:30 am

I graduated from university this year and am now trying to find a job in a recession.
    That sucks.

I think the names for the years of school are different between the US and UK. Remind me what years college takes up over there. For me it was about 17-18 but I stayed at my secondary school to do them.
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:21 am

College can either be 2-years or 4-years over here? If thats what your asking?
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:52 am

Was just trying to figure out what the equivalent to college is over here because I think they are at different points. I guessing college there is university here?
    Never had a problem getting parking myself at uni though I did hate the fact that I had to pay for it when I was already giving them thousands in tuition fees.
    Anything specific about college your hating other than just it sucks?
    Katby

Post  Katby on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:44 am

I have about $10,000 of college debt and I can't find even an entry-level job for the field I graduated in (Office Administration). It sucks because I only did this to get a good job so I could make money and go to a proper University for art. BLARGH @ this recession.
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:08 pm

I mostly just hate the actual cost of College, and the fact that you sort of need to go to get a good/decent job nowadays...and the name really just depends on the place you go to, U.S. has both Colleges and Universities.
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Update: College can suck a nut with all the work it has thrown on me!!
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:41 am

Ah the work, I actually miss it sometimes. Putting off essays till the last minute and then staying awake for 3 days in a row trying to get it all done. God bless Wikipedia and Google books for references.
    Hopefully when you finish college we wont still be in a recession though. I finished university and walked straight in to this maelstrom of unemployment.
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:17 pm

Double Update: UTSA, your system of registering for Mechanical Engineering classes is stupid, why must I talk to the ME advisor, to go talk to the faculty advisor (who wasn't anywhere to be found today, thus making me late to register my classes for the weekend) and then come back to tell you then I got my form signed when we can skip the second step? Plus your idea of telling me that the Faculty Advisor is on the second floor, when his office is in the third baffles me. Why must you lie to me and make me go through the whole building look like an idiot? I also appreciate all the ME students telling me 6 different locations to locate said Advisor when clearly they know nothing to where he really is...thanks for the awesome day ;]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:01 am