WolfXRain

Final Fantasy???

Post  WolfXRain on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:57 am

Who has played any final fantasy?

Ive played 1-3 7-12 and was like lvl 4X in FF11
    Eltoshin

Re: Final Fantasy???

Post  Eltoshin on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:29 am

Sadly, I've played most all of them...so I pretty much know all about the games...and IMO FFIV is the best.
    WolfXRain

Post  WolfXRain on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:31 pm

Eltoshin wrote:Sadly, I've played most all of them...so I pretty much know all about the games...and IMO FFIV is the best.

the only one i didnt play lol
    i thought 7 was the best ever cloud ftw
    Leon2457

Post  Leon2457 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Ah, Final Fantasy :3

I've always beena lover of the FF series, and the 3 that stick out above all the others for me is 9, 5 and 7, and I do like the others, a lot, but those just have more "WOW" factor for me
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Sadly the FF games past me by.
    I had an N64 when i was younger and i think they only came out on the PS1 so i could never get them.
    By the time I got a PC they had faded in to time and I was more concerned with half life and unreal tournament so I never bought them for that.
    Haven't been bothered to go back and try to get in to them now.
    I do have a friend who loves FF though and collects the figures.
    I'm convinced he has a shrine to Tifa somewhere in his room.
    Alexander

Post  Alexander on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:16 am

Played 7,8,9,and 10. I didnt get into FF until 8 came out. I didnt understand how to play it at 10 years old, but strangely I still loved playing it anyway.
    Did anyone else ever question why Squall's attack accuarcy was always 255%? Even at the start of the game.
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:52 pm

I think that he has such a high accuracy is because he can never technically miss since you initiate whether or not he'll critical. I've have never missed an attack with him...nor see how you can either.
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Not sure if this is at all relevant or right but as FF is a RPG game than it could be something to do with that?
    In quite a few games (Fallout 3, Oblivion and Morrowind spring to mind), the highest level in a skill you can reach is 100. However many mods or console commands allow you to increase this up to a maximum of 255.
    Like I said there is probably no connection but it seems strange to me how that number crops up fairly often in RPG games.
    Mat

Post  Mat on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:47 pm

Which, 100 or 255?

100 is probably just a convenient number, and also represents a percentage.

255 shows up a lot, particularly in really old games (see: maximum rupees in The Legend Of Zelda; maximum missiles in Metroid). The reason for this is the way computer math goes, doubling. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128... 256. Figures such as these go up to 256 numbers, keeping in mind that one of those numbers is 0, which gives us a maximum of 255.
    Eltoshin

Post  Eltoshin on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Isn't the 255 having to do with the source coding they use? or something? I'm not a coder so I honestly don't know what is the reason to make the max 255.
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 am

Yeah, as i said i don't think its at all relevant, just weird that 255 appears in a few of the RPG games I've played.
    Obviously 100 crops up a lot as it is usually the highest rating you can get on any skill. Fallout and Oblivion both max out the amount of points you can put in because of levelling up at 100.
    However I have a mod for Fallout 3 which allows more points to be put in to them up to a max of 255 (to go with the level cap remover allowing progression past level 30) which must be a limit of the coding or something otherwise they surely would have made it higher or at least a more rounded number.
    Slightly back towards topic, the reason Squall may have the 255% is if he(she?) had just 100% then i guess there might still be a chance of missing once the enemies chance to dodge based on its skill is factored in or some debuff that causes a loss in accuracy? If its past its normal limit though and up to the max allowed (255) then it guarantees a hit even after the other factors.
    This is purely a theory on my part and is probably extremely wrong as I have no idea about FF or if it has skills, levelling like other RPG's or chances to dodge. Just something I noticed an when I saw the 255% thought it could be the reason.
    Alexander

Post  Alexander on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:13 am

I believe 7 is the greatest FF (not because it says so on the case) but because it seems to be the most balanced FF that I've played. The level progression just seems to be geared toward longevity for both the base level and the materia progression. And the story is just so jam packed and long. Also the cool games you can play at the Gold Saucer, the submarine one is my favorite. These features make this FF stand out above all the others that I've played and seen. (until XIII comes out) Although FF 8 is my all time favorite, because it has a kind of militaristic/school/dark feel to it. I like just about everything about Final Fantasy VIII. Gunblade FTW!
    Alexander

Post  Alexander on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:35 am

Kerensky wrote:Yeah, as i said i don't think its at all relevant, just weird that 255 appears in a few of the RPG games I've played.
    Obviously 100 crops up a lot as it is usually the highest rating you can get on any skill. Fallout and Oblivion both max out the amount of points you can put in because of levelling up at 100.
    However I have a mod for Fallout 3 which allows more points to be put in to them up to a max of 255 (to go with the level cap remover allowing progression past level 30) which must be a limit of the coding or something otherwise they surely would have made it higher or at least a more rounded number.
    Slightly back towards topic, the reason Squall may have the 255% is if he(she?) had just 100% then i guess there might still be a chance of missing once the enemies chance to dodge based on its skill is factored in or some debuff that causes a loss in accuracy? If its past its normal limit though and up to the max allowed (255) then it guarantees a hit even after the other factors.
    This is purely a theory on my part and is probably extremely wrong as I have no idea about FF or if it has skills, levelling like other RPG's or chances to dodge. Just something I noticed an when I saw the 255% thought it could be the reason.

I agree wtf up with that number? I see it in just about every RPG i have ever played!
    Although what Mat said earlier makes the most sense, it having a numerical significance towards RPG games. Thought it was just a Japanese thing for the longest time...
    On FF 8 it was funny to have Squall be afflicted with Blind (low physical attack accuarcy) and see that his attacks still never miss! Critical hit everytime! But if you get hit with Bad Breath... Your pretty much screwed! As he'll kill your whole party and himself before you even have time to use a Remedy. Bad Breath causes all status ailments in the game. poison,confuse,blind everything on your whole party.
    Mat

Post  Mat on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:42 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/255_%28number%29

Under the heading "In computing." Basically, 256 is the largest number that can be represented in an eight-digit binary string, and as I said, one of the numbers has to be 0, so the maximum is 255.
    Alexander

Post  Alexander on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:52 am

Mat wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/255_%28number%29

Under the heading "In computing." Basically, 256 is the largest number that can be represented in an eight-digit binary string, and as I said, one of the numbers has to be 0, so the maximum is 255.

Thanks for the info. Reading about it just gets me even more interested in computers and technology! Very Happy

Takoto

Post  Takoto on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:04 pm

I've played Final Fantasy one, six, and Revinent Wings.
    Alexander

Post  Alexander on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:01 am

I read the FF13 article in the new Game Informer earlier (issue 198). Baby chocobo living in your party member's hair..? Did not see that happening. He's probably going to be my favorite character 'cause he might be the funny one out of them all GI suspects. And he use's guns! His name is Sazh.
    Its amazing how random and irrelavent these these things can be when it comes to FF. We've built up so much respect for the franchise over the years that they can make up virtually any story and we'll love it.
    Like a bisexual cat living with her straight friend with all the crazy stuff that happens there! Oh, somebody already took that idea.
    I'm kidding, I joke around alot!

lol!

Artificial Disaster

Post  Artificial Disaster on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:53 am

I gotta say, I fell in love with X. It was the one that introduced me to the series, and it was right before the FF climax. For awhile, I considered going away from FF after playing X-2. Oh the nightmares because of it. I got 11 but never got around to installing it, and as for 12, I know how everyone trashed it but I thought it was good. Square Enix was trying a new battle system and it didn't work 100% but at least it was an attempt at something fresh. Recently I played through 9, and I refuse to play 7 cause after hearing about it, I know I wouldn't rest until I did every single thing in that game.

crazzycat

Post  crazzycat on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:11 am

great game i like it a lot!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:18 am