Ye Olde Maiden Topic

Admin
    Admin

Ye Olde Maiden Topic

Post  Admin on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:34 am

Hey guys! Kat here. This is a quick note welcoming everyone to the new forum, hopefully you fine readers get to chattin' about the comic. I'm interested to see what happens with this. I'll add some categories as we go and fix some minor quirks about the colour scheme I don't like (namely the horrid shade of blue they chose for the usernames). Anyway, have fun and get to chattin'!

~ Kat
    Mat

Re: Ye Olde Maiden Topic

Post  Mat on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:43 am

That's what she said!

No, really.

CubeGuy

Post  CubeGuy on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:38 am

Pshaw. What's one more forum to destroy my social life? Long time reader reporting in!

If you're having any trouble with the PHPBB, let me know. I'd be glad to help.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:33 pm

@Cubeguy

Thanks dude! I think I have just about everything where it should be. If you can't, say, upload an avatar or create a topic let me know (I think I've fixed those). This forum seems to have user accounts super restricted by default which is a little frustrating.

CubeGuy

Post  CubeGuy on Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:45 pm

ForumMotion kinda screws you in terms of functionality. If I remember right, you can't even make a backup of your forum without paying an extra fee. If you think you might plan on adding any features in the future, it'd be better to just set up a standalone forum on your own server. Pain in the ass now, godsend later.
    Kerensky

Post  Kerensky on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:28 am

Hurray, a fresh new forum.
    Hate joining long standing forums where everyone knows each other already and it's difficult to join in.
    Hope this goes well for you guys, I'm sure you'll get some interesting conversations going.
    Leon2457

Post  Leon2457 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:20 am

(ashamed)
    I'm a "Long Time" Reader of the new comic, but I did read a few pages of the old one, but once I saw it was the same as the new one, I stopped D:

^_^ I hope the Forum gets filled up nice and soon

lol!
    Alexander

Post  Alexander on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:48 am

I'm new to BadlyDrawnKitties but from what I've read BDK has been around for a few years now. Can someone give me a quick recap of the BDK history? Smile
    Katby

Post  Katby on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Alexander wrote:I'm new to BadlyDrawnKitties but from what I've read BDK has been around for a few years now. Can someone give me a quick recap of the BDK history? Smile

Ah...that might take more than awhile to type out. Basically if you've read the new BDK from the first comic to now, that's all you really need to know. It's a sort of remake of the first one which had some elements that Mat wants to distance himself from. Besides, I don't want to spoil anything for you since you're new to the comic. ^.^
    Alexander

Post  Alexander on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:02 am

Katby wrote:
    Alexander wrote:I'm new to BadlyDrawnKitties but from what I've read BDK has been around for a few years now. Can someone give me a quick recap of the BDK history? Smile

Ah...that might take more than awhile to type out. Basically if you've read the new BDK from the first comic to now, that's all you really need to know. It's a sort of remake of the first one which had some elements that Mat wants to distance himself from. Besides, I don't want to spoil anything for you since you're new to the comic. ^.^

Okay, thanks that's all I needed to know.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:25 pm